You may be eligible for a £500 payment if you have been told to self-isolate. To be eligible for the grant, you must:

  • have been told by Test and Protect to self-isolate as a result of coronavirus (COVID-19), either because you have tested positive for coronavirus or have recently been in close contact with someone who has tested positive
  • be employed or self-employed
  • be unable to work from home, and lose income as a result of self-isolation
  • be a parent or carer for a person who has lost income due to self-isolation

Please note, if you are told to self isolate by Test and Protect on or after 13 October 2021 and it has been more than 14 days since you or the child or adult you are caring for have been fully vaccinated, you will only be eligible if you or that person has tested positive for Coronavirus or it has been less than 14 days between the time of being notified to self isolate by Test and Protect and the person being fully vaccinated.

You must also be getting one or more of these benefits or have a monthly household/individual income no greater than shown in the table below:

  • Universal Credit
  • Working Tax Credit
  • Housing Benefit
  • Income Support
  • Income based Employment and Support Allowance
  • Income based Job Seeker's Allowance
  • Pension Credit
  • Means tested Council Tax reduction

You could be eligible if either your monthly household or monthly individual income is no greater than what is shown below.

Your household type Monthly household income Monthly individual income
Single with no children £1,594.82 £1,543.75
Couple with no children £1,960.20 £1,543.75
Single with one child £2,725.67 £1,543.75
Couple with one child £3,091.04 £1,543.75
Single with 2 children £3,490.38 £1,543.75
Couple with 2 children £3,855.76 £1,543.75
Single with 3 children £4,551.90 £1,543.75
Couple with 3 children £4,917.28 £1,543.75

If you are a non householder, your gross monthly income must be no more than £1,543.75 per month. (A non householder is someone who is not the owner, tenant or liable person for Council Tax at the property they reside in).

How to apply

You must apply within 28 days of the date you were told to self isolate by the Test and Protect Service.

You can check if you're able to get Self-Isolation Support Grant. If you appear to be eligible, you will be taken to our online applications, otherwise you will be advised why you are not, or not yet, able to apply.

If the person who is self-isolating is a child please provide their details when contacting Falkirk Council.

If you are not eligible for this Grant but are experiencing financial hardship and are unable to meet your daily living expenses, you can apply for a Crisis Grant.

If you have any questions in relation to this grant process please call us. Lines are open Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm.

Falkirk Council