Please note: this is for essential workers who have exhausted all other childcare options.
Friday 27 March:
We are currently implementing Phase 4 of our Critical Worker Childcare provision. Parents who have been allocated a place will receive an email and registration form this evening from Children's Services.
Please only accept this offer where:
- Both parents or carers are critical workers; and
- you are unable to make suitable alternative arrangements; and
- you are unable to work from home; and
- pupils are unable to safely remain at home unsupervised
Please note, children cannot attend if they display any symptoms of Coronavirus (COVID-19).
The Scottish Government have announced schools and nurseries will close and we are working to create an offer of learning and care for the children of parents and carers who are essential workers.
In line with national guidance, essential workers are considered to fall into three categories:
- Health and care workers directly supporting COVID response and associated staff
- Life threatening emergency services work
- Critical primary/community care provision
- Energy suppliers
- Childcare/learning for Category 1 staff (Teacher, ELC Staff, SfLAs/ELC Assistants)
- All other critical health and care workers/Public Sector workers – emergency in critical services (e.g. Fire, Police, Prison, Residential Care, Housing)
- Social Workers/Homecare service
- 3rd sector Children's Services/Partners of Falkirk Council
- Falkirk Council Family Support
- Other essential services, people who keep the country running
- Falkirk Council Catering, Cleaning and Janitorial Support
Some schools and nurseries across Falkirk have been identified as initial centres for learning and childcare provision.
Centres will operate in the locations listed below:
- Bo'ness Cluster
- Braes Cluster
- Denny Cluster
- Falkirk Cluster
- Graeme Cluster
- Grangemouth Cluster
- Larbert Cluster
- Carrongrange High School (for Carrongrange, Thistle, Timezone pupils only)