COVID-19 vaccine certificates are needed to get into the following higher risk settings in Scotland:
- late night premises with music, which serve alcohol at any time between midnight and 5am and have a designated place for dancing for customers
- indoor events (unseated) with 500 or more people
- outdoor events (unseated) with 4,000 or more people
- any event with more than 10,000 people
Everyone attending these settings and events must show they have been fully vaccinated (unless exempt) to gain entry, unless they are:
- under 18
- not able to get the vaccine for medical reasons
- participants in vaccine trials (either current or past participants)
- the person responsible for the premises
- workers or volunteers at the venue or event
- emergency services responders and regulators carrying out their work
Download the NHS Scotland COVID Status app or get a paper record of you vaccine status from NHS Inform.
The Scottish Government's Coronavirus (COVID-19): vaccine certification scheme - information for customers has more information.
Our Safety Advisory Group - Event planning during COVID-19 has more information for business owners who want to know more about vaccine passports and planning events safely.