We believe the only long term solution to litter and other related issues, such as dog fouling and illegal dumping, is to find ways of preventing them from happening in the first place. Our Litter Strategy Team has developed a range of projects and campaigns to tackle litter. You can find out more about our campaigns in our Community Litter Plan.
- Community Litter Plan
We work with community groups, schools, individuals and local businesses and can help you improve your area in many ways, including:
- Local clean ups – we support clean ups all year round
- Influencing the behaviour of your neighbours - through posters, flyers and campaigns
like Green Dog Walkers
- Or by putting you in touch with other like-minded people
If you would like more information on the work of the Litter Strategy team, or to join in with our latest campaigns, please contact us:
Organising a local Clean Up?
A fantastic way to start improving your neighbourhood is by doing a community clean up.
We can help by:
- supplying litter picking equipment
- arranging for the waste to be uplifted
- offering advice for risk assessments
All you have to do is:
- choose an area in your neighbourhood that is in need of a clean up
- choose a suitable day and time to do the clean up
- register your clean up with us and we'll be in touch
Please note due to the high demand of litter equipment requested, we require a minimum of 2 weeks notice for your organised litter pick. We may also not be able to provide the exact amount of equipment for your clean-up.
Keep Scotland Beautiful have Clean Up guidance information and resources to help you promote the litter pick in your local community.