We collect information on our performance for two reasons:
- So we know how we are doing and can improve what we do
- To keep us accountable to the people of the Falkirk Council area and others with
an interest in the Council
Our statutory performance
We are committed to improving services for our communities. To do that, we know that we need to understand our own performance, and how that compares with others. The Local Government Benchmarking Framework is based on 80 indicators across major service areas delivered by councils in Scotland. Each indicator is collected so it can be compared across all Councils. Find out how we are performing on the Local Government Benchmarking Framework
This report contains information on our performance over the past year
- Annual Performance Report 2015-16
Our services produce annual plans setting out their priorities and performances in detail. Progress against these reports is monitored and reported to elected members on a regular basis.
Annual performance information for each service is set out in their performance statement. This is presented to elected members through the Performance Panel where elected members can scrutinise our performance.
Here are the most recent reports:
- Children's Services Performance Update - October 2018
- Corporate and Housing Services Performance Update - December 2018
- Development Services Update - August 2018
- Social Work Adult Services Performance Update - February 2017
How others judge our performance
We are regularly audited and inspected by external agencies such as Audit Scotland.
Here are the most recent audits and inspection reports
Complaints Annual Report
The Council is required by the Scottish Public Services Ombudsman to report on its
performance in handling complaints. This report is published annually and shows
how the Council performed against a set of key performance indicators developed
by the SPSO.
- Complaints Annual Report 2017-18
- Complaints Annual Report 2016-17
- Complaints Annual Report 2015-16
- Complaints Annual Report 2014-15
Scottish Public Services Ombudsman investigations
There are very occasionally times when members of the public feel we don't perform
as we should do. Reports from the Scottish Public Services Ombudsman relating to
Falkirk Council can be found on the SPSO website.
If you have a specific interest in a particular aspect of the performance of Falkirk
Council, or the services of the Council, please contact us so we can give you further