This notice provides details of what information we collect from you, what we do with it, and who it might be shared with, when you complete forms for Sundry Accounts.

Identity and contact details of the controller and the data protection officer

Falkirk Council is the data controller. You can contact the data protection officer at:

Data Protection Officer
The Foundry
4 Central Boulevard, Central Park

Frequently asked questions

  1. Table of contents

Why do we collect this information?

The information is being collected for the following purpose:

  1. We will collect personal data about you when issuing sundry account invoices to you for goods or services provided to you by the Council for which there is a charge such as music tuition or care services.

The legal basis each purpose is set out below:

Legal basis Purpose
Performance of a contract 1
Legal obligation  
Vital interests  
Task carried out in the public interest 1
Legitimate interests  

What information do we collect about you?

We collect:

  • Your name/business name
  • Your addresses (business or home)
  • Details of the services you are being invoiced for

We are responsible for collecting and recovering sundry account invoices for chargeable services you have used or are using, or for other sundry sums you must pay Falkirk Council.

We keep copies of your communications with us and our responses. With your consent we may also hold your bank details, email address and telephone number depending on how you choose to pay and communicate with us.

Where do we collect information from?

The main sources of data are:

  • Yourself/business
  • The Council's own records

Who might we share your information with?

Sundry account invoices are raised by Services within Falkirk Council in order to collect chargeable sums. Services raising invoices will already hold your data. For the collection and recovery of invoices, your information can be shared with Legal Services (if court action is required) or with the Sheriff Officers who participate in the recovery of sundry account debts on the Council's behalf.

We are legally obliged to safeguard public funds so we are required to verify and check your details internally for fraud prevention. We may share this information with other public bodies (and also receive information from these other bodies) for fraud checking purposes.

We are also legally obliged to share certain data with other public bodies, such as HMRC and will do so where the law requires this. We will also generally comply with requests for specific information from other regulatory and law enforcement bodies where this is necessary and appropriate. Your information may also be analysed internally to help us improve our services.

Will we send your information outwith the UK?

The Council does not transfer your sundry account data outwith the UK. If it were to make such transfers, it would only be with appropriate safeguards.

How long do we keep hold of your information?

We keep your information as long as required by law or by our business requirements. We have a Business Classification Scheme in place which sets out the types of records we hold, and how long we hold them - you can access the relevant part of the scheme below.


What are my rights in relation to the information held about me?

You have the following rights:

  • To see any information held about you by making a subject access request.
  • To withdraw consent at any time, where the legal basis for processing is consent.
  • To data portability, where the legal basis for processing is (i) consent or (ii) performance of a contract.
  • To request rectification or erasure of your information, where data protection legislation allows this.

Do I have a right to complain about the way information has been used?

If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, please let us know and we will try to resolve this. If you are still concerned, you can contact the Information Commissioner:

Information Commissioner's Office
Wycliffe House, Water Lane
or if you prefer to use a national rate number:

Do I have to provide my personal data to you?

You will need to provide Falkirk Council with your data in order to receive rechargeable services. You do not have to provide information to us if you do not wish to have a rechargeable service.

Do you use any automated processes to make decisions about me?

We do not use automated decision making processes.

This notice was last updated in October 2020.