This notice provides details of what information we collect from you, what we do with it, and who it might be shared with.
We will keep your information safe and secure. We will have systems, processes and training designed to achieve this.
Identity and contact details of the controller and the data protection officer
Falkirk Council is the data controller. You can contact the data protection officer at:
Frequently asked questions
Why do we collect this information?
The information is being collected for the following purpose:
- The assessment of your application for a community grant
- If successful, the administration of your community grant
The legal basis for each purpose is set out below:
|Performance of a contract
|Task carried out in the public interest
Section 20 of the Local Government in Scotland Act 2003 gives the Council power to advance wellbeing. This includes power to promote economic development. Economic support may be given by way of grant, or contributions in cash or kind.
What information do we collect about you?
We need to gather your personal data along with data about the organisation to allow us to assess your application.
We collect the following information about you (the applicant) which is personal data:
- Your name
- Contact details – telephone number and email address
- Position within the organisation
We also collect non-personal data, which is included here for the sake of completeness.
We collect the following information about the project:
- People, Place, Partnership
- The need for the project
- What the project will deliver and the differences the project will make
- Who, how many people and which areas of Falkirk will benefit
- Project duration
We collect the following information about your organisation:
- Organisation name
- Organisation website (optional)
- The year the organisation started
- Charity number if applicable
- Company number if applicable
- Size of the committee
- Restrictions on who can join
We collect the following information about the project's finances:
- Project cost and the amount being requested
- Other sources of funding
- Non-financial contributions
We collect the following information about the organisation's bank account:
- Bank/building society name
- Bank/building society address
- Account name
- Sort code
- Account number
- Building Society Roll number (if applicable)
We also keep copies of your communications with us, and our responses.
Where do we collect information from?
We collect the information we need to assess your application directly from you when you complete the application form. To verify the information you give us, we also check other information held by Falkirk Council about previous awards and applications.
Who might we share your information with?
We have a duty to protect public funds. We may check your information within the Council for verification purposes and/or for the prevention of fraud. We may share your information with other organisations where we are required to do so for the purposes of the prevention or detection of crime.
Will we send your information outwith the UK?
We do not transfer your information outwith the UK. If we were to make such transfers, it would only be with appropriate safeguards.
How long do we keep hold of your information?
We keep your information for 6 years.
What are my rights in relation to the information held about me?
You have the following rights:
- To see any information held about you by making a subject access request.
- To withdraw consent at any time, where the legal basis for processing is consent.
- To data portability, where the legal basis for processing is (i) consent or (ii) performance of a contract.
- To request rectification or erasure of your information, where data protection legislation allows this.
Do I have a right to complain about the way information has been used?
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, please let us know and we will try to resolve this. If you are still concerned, you can contact the Information Commissioner:
Do I have to provide my personal data to you?
You do not have to provide your personal information, however, you will not be able to petition for the creation of a community council, nor will you be able to stand in a Community Council election.
Do you use any automated processes to make decisions about me?
We do not use any automated processes to make decisions about your application.
This notice was last updated in May 2019.