If your wheeled bin was not collected on the scheduled day of 03 June 2022, please continue to leave your bin out for collection until the crew arrive.
Alternatively, if you have sufficient capacity, the bin can be put out for the next scheduled collection day.
Your food waste caddy is collected every week from the kerbside.
The weekly food waste collection service allows you to recycle all types of leftover and unwanted food.
On your collection day please present your caddy at the kerbside or agreed location by 6:30am on the morning of your collection.
What can I put in my food waste caddy?
All types of food waste - cooked and uncooked.
- Dairy and eggshells
- Meat and fish – raw and cooked including bones
- Bread, cakes and pastries
- Rice, pasta and beans
- Teabags and coffee grounds
- Pet food
- Uneaten food from your plates and dishes
- Semi-liquid food
- Liquids and oils
- Nappies (use your green bin and AHP collection)
- Glass bottles and jars (use your black box)
- Bricks and stones
- Animal waste including dog waste and cat litter (use your green bin)
We will provide you with two caddies to recycle your food waste, a small caddy for your kitchen and a larger caddy to present at the kerbside on your collection day.
How do I use my food waste caddies?
Step 1: Use any plastic bag, compostable liner or newspaper in
your kitchen caddy
Step 2: Put all cooked and uncooked food waste into your kitchen
Step 3: When the liner is almost full, tie and remove it from the
Step 4: Place the full liner in your kerbside caddy
Please do not place plastic containers in your food waste caddies. If you find an out of date yoghurt pot in your fridge, empty the contents into your kitchen caddy, rinse the container and place the container in your blue bin for recycling.
Top tips on food waste recycling
- Where possible, use liners for all food waste. Once full tie/wrap up your liner tightly before placing it in the kerbside caddy.
- Using a plastic bag, biodegradable liner or newspaper will keep your caddy clean.
- Make sure you keep your kitchen caddy lid shut.
- Please remove all packaging before putting food waste into the caddies.
- The kerbside caddy should be locked at all times by pulling the handle upright.
- Put your kerbside caddy out for collection every week.