This notice provides details of what information we collect from you, what we do with it, and who it might be shared with.
Identity and contact details of the controller and the data protection officer
Falkirk Council is the data controller. You can contact the data protection officer at:
Frequently asked questions
Why do we collect this information?
The information is being collected for the following purposes:
- To evaluate the service that is being provided
The legal basis for each purpose is set out below:
|Performance of a contract
|Task carried out in the public interest
We are asking for your feedback in line with national guidance
- National Guidance for Child Protection (Scotland) 2014
- Protecting Children and Young People – The Charter 2004
What information do we collect about you?
We collect your responses to questions.
Where do we collect information from?
We collect information from you.
Who might we share your information with?
We care a lot about your experiences working with our staff. We would like to ask you some questions about this. If you agree to give feedback, we will pass on your email address and/or phone number to Viewpoint who conduct the questionnaire on our behalf. We do not share your name with Viewpoint.
Will we send your information outwith the UK?
We do not share your information outwith the UK.
How long do we keep hold of your information?
We keep your information as long as required by law or by our business requirements. We have a Business Classification Scheme in place which sets out the types of records we hold, and how long we hold them - you can access the relevant part of the scheme below.
- Children and Family Services
What are my rights in relation to the information held about me?
You have the following rights:
- To see any information held about you by making a subject access request.
- To withdraw consent at any time, where the legal basis for processing is consent.
- To data portability, where the legal basis for processing is (i) consent or (ii) performance of a contract.
- To request rectification or erasure of your information, where data protection legislation allows this.
Do I have a right to complain about the way information has been used?
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, please let us know and we will try to resolve this. If you are still concerned, you can contact the Information Commissioner:
or if you prefer to use a national rate number:
Do I have to provide my personal data to you?
If you want to give feedback, we need to collect your responses to the questionnaire.
Do you use any automated processes to make decisions about me?
We do not use automated decision making processes for feedback questionnaires.
This notice was last updated in November 2019.