People who claim financial help that they are not entitled to cost you money. They reduce the amount of money or services that are available to help those in need.

Housing Benefit/DWP fraud

Other ways to report

If you think someone is claiming Housing Benefit or any other Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) benefit they are not entitled to, please contact the National Fraud Hotline.

National Fraud Hotline
PO Box 224

* Your call is free and confidential and you don't need to give your name or address. Lines are open Monday to Friday 8:00am to 6:00pm.

Council Tax fraud

If you suspect someone is committing Tenancy Fraud or you know someone is claiming a council tax discount/exemption or Council Tax Reduction that they are not entitled to, please contact us:

The Corporate Fraud Team