If there are no Registered Tenants' & Residents' Organisations (RTOs) in your area, you can set one up. Council tenants, private tenants, owners and occupiers are all welcome to do so. Your local Advice and Support Hub or Tenant participation Team can help you.

RTOs are eligible for a £300 yearly grant.

To register with us, your group must complete a registration form, along with a copy of your group's constitution. This constitution should include:

  • The name of the organisation and the area it covers
  • The aims and objectives of the organisation
  • An equal opportunities statement
  • How often the organisation will meet
  • A minimum number of people present for making decisions
  • How the accounts are checked
  • What happens if the association disbands

You can download the RTO application form, or you can pick one up from any Advice and Support Hub.

RTO application form

Please make sure you refer to the guidance notes when completing the application form.