Taxi fares and other related charges are set by us. Fares set are the maximum that can be charged in the Falkirk Council area.
General taxi tariff
Effective from 01 October 2018
Tariff 1 - general tariff
- For the first 880 yards or 293.3 seconds or a combination of time and distance, there is a charge of £2.50.
- Beyond the first 880 yards, for every additional 90 yards or 30 seconds or a combination of time and distance, there is a charge of 10p.
Tariff 2 - unsocial hours (tariff 1 + 25%)
- Journeys begun between 9pm and 6am.
- Journeys between 9pm on the evening before a public holiday until 6am on the morning following that public holiday.
Christmas & new year day-time rate (tariff 1 + 25%)
- 6am Christmas Day and 9pm on Christmas night
- 6am on Boxing Day and 9pm on Boxing Day
- 6am on New Years Day and 9pm on New Years night
- 6am on 2nd January and 9pm on 2nd January
Christmas & new year night-time rate (tariff 1 + 50%)
- 9pm on Christmas Eve and 6am on Christmas Day
- 9pm on Christmas night and 6am on Boxing Day
- 9pm on New Years Eve and 6am on New Years Day
- 9pm on New Years night and 6am on 2nd January
- Where a taxi has been booked in advance, an engagement charge of 30p can be made.
- Where there are more than 4 passengers, a charge of 50p for each additional passenger can be made.
- Where a passenger's behaviour results in a vehicle needing to be cleaned, the driver will be entitled to charge a cleaning fee of £40.
Any complaints may be made to the taxi driver, the booking office or the licensing section on 01324 501575.
Calculation of taxi fares
The taxi fare is calculated dependent on what tariff is operating.
We have 2 tariffs in the Falkirk Council area and the taxi tariff charged will be dependent on:
- what time of day it is
- if it's a public holiday
Future holiday dates
If you are an operator, it is your responsibility to ensure that your calendar meter has future holiday dates programmed in.
|New Year's Day
|May Holiday Weekend
|Falkirk Fair Monday
Taxi fare reviews
By law, we have to regularly review the scale of fares charged. We must conclude our review within 18 months of the new fares coming into effect.
When we carry out a review, we:
- listen to the views of the representatives of our taxi operators
- advertise the proposed new fares in a local newspaper
- invite members of the public to make comments within 1 month of the newspaper advertisement
- consider any comments that are made
- advise our taxi operators of the new fares
If you would like more information about how we set taxi fares, please contact us.