The Falkirk Local Development Plan 2 (LDP2) is the statutory document which guides future development in the Council area for the period 2020-2040. It was adopted on 07 August 2020.
LDP2 contains a vision for the area, an overall strategy, and detailed policies and proposals indicating where development should, or should not take place. It provides criteria which the Council uses in assessing planning applications.
View the online version of LDP2.
LDP2 and the associated Proposals Maps are also available for download below:
- Map 1 - Banknock, Bonnybridge, Denny, Allandale, Greenhill and Torwood
- Map 2 - Falkirk, Larbert and Stenhousemuir
- Map 3 - Rural North - Airth, Dunmore, Letham and South Alloa
- Map 4 - Rural South - Avonbridge, Limerigg, Slamannan, Standburn and the Loan
- Map 5 - Grangemouth, Polmont Area, California, Shieldhill, Skinflats and Whitecross
- Map 6 - Bo'ness, Blackness and Muirhouses
- Map 7 - Falkirk Town Centre Inset
Hard copies of LDP2 are available at a cost of £30 (including p+p). Requests to purchase should be sent to email@example.com.
Development Plan Scheme
Our Interim Development Plan Scheme sets out the work undertaken on LDP2. It also provides information on future changes to the development plan process.
- Interim Development Plan Scheme 2021 (DPS)
In addition to LDP2 itself, the Council produces Supplementary Guidance which provides further more detailed guidance on certain policies in the LDP.
An updated Action Programme has been published. It provides information on the progress which has been made on the implementation of the policies and proposals contained in LDP2 since the adoption of the plan two years ago.
- Action Programme
Development Plan update
If you would like to receive information from our Development Plan Team, including notifications relating to the Falkirk Development Plan and our newsletter on development plan topics sign up with your email.
The most recent Development Plan newsletter can be viewed below:
- Winter Newsletter 2021