If you have a child with a disability, we may be able to offer you help at home, access to specialist equipment and short breaks away from home for your child.

We will need to asses your needs to find out how we can help.

Depending on the assessment, you may be able to use the following services:

  • Help at home, including providing specialist equipment your child may need
  • Short breaks away from home for your child
  • Access to an activity scheme that provides social and recreational opportunities during school holidays
  • Youth clubs and befriending throughout the year

We can also help you apply for benefits you may be able to get.

How to apply

Please contact your local Social Work office and ask for us to carry out an assessment.

If you are unable to call, someone can do this for you, such as:

  • Relatives or carers
  • Health professionals, such as your community nurse or GP
  • Voluntary organisations