Falkirk Council Licensing Board deals with the granting of licences for the sale
and supply of alcohol and for various gambling activities.
The members of the Board are appointed by Falkirk Council.
The Convener of the Licensing Board is Councillor Niall Coleman and the Depute Convener is Councillor Robert Bissett.
The Clerk to the Licensing Board is Colin Moodie.
Applications are made to the Licensing Section who provides the day to day administrative
support to the Board.
The Licensing Board meets every month except July.
The Licensing Board has a statutory duty to prepare and publish an annual financial report and a functions report not later than 3 months after the end of the financial year. The financial report must provide a statement of relevant income received by the Board during the financial year and the amount of relevant expenditure incurred in the year. An explanation of how the amounts were calculated must be included. The functions report provides clarity and transparency in relation to the work undertaken by the Board during the financial year.
The reports for 2018/19 were approved by the Board at it's meeting on 11 June 2019 and are available to download
At its meeting on 19 December 2018, the Board approved a new Statement of Licensing Policy. The new policy makes a number of important changes and it is essential that all applicants and agents read the new policy prior to making an application. The new policy is available to download.
All meetings start at 9:30am unless otherwise advised and take place in the Council Chambers, Municipal Buildings, Falkirk.
Members of the public are welcome to attend and a guide on what to expect when attending a meeting is available to download.
- Falkirk Council Licensing Board - Financial Report 2019-20
- Falkirk Council Licensing Board - Financial Report 2018-19
- Falkirk Council Licensing Board - Financial Report 2017-18
- Falkirk Council Licensing Board - Financial Report 2016-17
- Statutory Functions Report 2019-20
- Statutory Functions Report 2018-19
- Statutory Functions Report 2017-18
- Falkirk Council Licensing Board Equality Mainstreaming and Equality Outcomes Update Report - April 2017
- Falkirk Council Licensing Board Equality Strategy 2013
- Falkirk Licensing Board Publication Scheme 2019
- Guide to attending a licensing board meeting
- Statement of Licensing Policy (December 2018)