We are committed to doing all we can to combat flytipping but recognise that we can't do it alone. With the introduction of our Litter Strategy and Action Plan, Falkirk Council is keen to support environmental measures to reduce incidents of illegal dumping, litter and dog fouling.
The Environment Improvement Fund helps individuals, groups or landowners carry out projects, clean-up events or introduce prevention measures that will encourage residents, businesses and landowners to Take Pride in Falkirk.
How much is the grant?
£50,000 will be allocated to the fund each financial year by the council (subject to review).
We expect maximum awards of £5,000.
Funding will be available on an annual basis and we encourage early applications for the fund.
Awarded funds should be spent within 3 months of receipt. At the end of the project or before 31 March of the following year, a monitoring form must be submitted to evaluate the success of the project.
What can it be used for?
Funding can be used for:
- purchasing tools for regular clean-ups such as litter picking hoops, litter pickers or hi-vis vests
- hire of waste equipment
- waste disposal costs, such as private skip hire
- anti-flytipping measures such as installation of physical barriers, local campaigns, signage, or purchase of camera equipment/trail cameras
- clearance where landownership cannot be readily established
- to enhance/improve elements of an existing project can be considered
Funding cannot be used for:
- any item bought before the signed grant award letter acceptance is returned to us
Who can apply for funding?
- community groups
- private landowners
These lists are not final and other projects that prevent or clean up fly tipping, litter or dog fouling in the Falkirk area will be considered. If you're unsure or would like to talk to us about a project email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Funding can be provided to support part of a project. Please detail the specific elements that the Environment Improvement Fund will support and identify how other elements of the project will be paid for such as match funding. It is expected that the group or individual will contribute where possible for example through time, transport or material.
How to apply
Apply for the Environmental Improvement Fund
- Terms and Conditions