To apply for a council house you need to fill out an application form. Anyone over the age of 16 can apply.
We do not have enough housing for everyone that applies. We assess everyone who
applies for housing and award a priority based on their housing need. Even if you have a high priority, you may still have to wait a while before you are made an offer of a house.
You can get an application form by:
To help us to register your application as quickly as possible, please make sure that you answer all the relevant questions on the form.
If you need help to fill in the application form, staff from our Advice and Support Hubs will be happy to help you.
Please return your completed application form to one of the Advice and Support Hub. If supporting evidence is required, please make sure you submit this with your application form.
We will assess the information you have given us and we will send you a letter within 28 days to tell you:
- Your pin number to give you access to Homespot
- Instructions on how to bid for a house on Homespot
- What priority you have been awarded (Band 1, 2, 3 or 4).
- What applicant group you are in (Home Seeker, Home Mover or Home Starter).
- Any information we still need from you.
- How to enquire or appeal against our decision.
If you would like further information on any of the above please see our frequently asked questions.