If you operate a market where goods are offered for sale by more than one seller, for example a farmers market or car boot sale, you will need a market operator licence.
A licence is not required if the market is held by a charitable, religious, youth, recreational, community, political or similar organisations markets held only for the sale of livestock, fodder or grain or markets held by the Council.
How to apply
The market operator application licence application form is available to download:
- Grant or renewal of a Market Operator Licence - application form
- Variation to a Market Operator Licence - application form
- Market Operator Notice
- Certificate of Compliance
- Guidance on applying for a Market Operator Licence
- Market Operator - Conditions
You can also get an application form by contacting us: