To carry out skin piercing or tattooing you need a licence. Generally, a licence is required if you carry out:

  • tattooing (including semi-permanent and micropigmentation)
  • cosmetic body piercing
  • acupuncture
  • ear piercing
  • electrolysis

How to apply

We're working towards an online application process and reviewing our forms and guidance notes. To apply for a licence, please contact us.

Licensing Section
Municipal Buildings
West Bridge Street