A metal dealer licence is required by a person who:
- has a business which consists wholly or substantially of buying or selling for scrap:
- metal articles that are old, broken, worn out or defaced, or
- partly manufactured articles that are made wholly or partly from metal
- has a business as a motor salvage operator (insofar as that does not fall within (a).
There are 2 categories of metal dealer licences:
- Metal dealer licence – if you trade from premises such as a shop, yard or office you will need a separate licence for each site.
- Itinerant metal dealer licence – if you travel from place to place buying and selling metal but have no premises you will
need this licence. This type of licence will allow you to trade throughout Scotland, not just in the Falkirk Council area.
- Application form for a Metal Dealer Licence
- Application form for an Itinerant Metal Dealers Licence
- Site Notice (Metal Dealer Licence Only)
- Certificate of Compliance (Metal Dealer Licence only)
- Change of address form
- Guidance on Applying for a Metal Dealers Licence
- Licence Conditions - Itinerant Metal Dealers
- Licence Conditions - Metal Dealers
How to apply
You can also get application forms by contacting us: