Being a landlord in Scotland
The Being a landlord in Scotland website provides information and advice on a range of issues affecting landlords in Scotland.
Home Energy Scotland
Whether you're looking for a full assessment of your rental properties, need someone to chat through your Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) or would like advice on funding and incentives, Home Energy Scotland can help.
- Free property assessments to assess your property and identify energy efficiency improvements.
- Tailored reports outlining recommended measures, approximate costs, funding information as well as potential financial and carbon savings. They will talk you through the report and help you decide what's right for you.
- Specialist landlord advisors are trained Domestic Energy Assessors and understand the process behind creating an EPC. They are well placed to help you work out how to make your properties more efficient and improve your energy rating.
- Free impartial advice by phone or email at a time that suits you.
- Support for your tenants to help them save energy, reduce fuel bills and be warmer and more comfortable in their home.
Landlord Accreditation Scotland
Scottish Association of Landlord/Council of Letting Agents
The Scottish Association of Landlords (SAL) is the largest and only dedicated national organisation representing landlords and letting agents (via their Council of Letting Agents CLA wing) throughout Scotland.
Whatever scale you operate on, from those renting out a single property to managers of the largest agency portfolios, SAL can help you. Unique member benefits, all inclusive in the membership fee include:
- letting advice helpline – unlimited access
- all letting documentation and factsheets
- discounted training
- member deals on goods and services
- Landlord Focus magazine and regular email updates
Under One Roof – Webinar Programme
Under One Roof are hosting a series of webinars for landlords/letting agents to give interactive, free and independent information to help address a range of issues affecting tenements in Scotland.
Please visit Under One Roof:
- for programme information
- to register for one-hour information sessions
- to access previous webinars