The Falkirk Council area has around £36m of unclaimed benefits.

The following links provide information about available services and assistance to you. These include areas of financial support, practical support, advice as well as useful information which may assist you to increase or manage your income.

  • Advice Direct Scotland – possible grant funding towards your gas and electric costs
    Advice Direct Scotland provides funding and support. This includes the Home Heating Support Fund which offers households financial relief to help with significant financial hardship, no matter the fuel or payment method. Call them on 0808 800 9060 from Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm, or apply via the Home Heating Advice website.
    (They also offer help for anyone who needs to resolve an issue with their energy supplier. Find out more by calling 0808 196 8660 from Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm, or via the Energy Advice Scotland website.)
  • Council Tax Reduction - A means-tested benefit scheme administered by local authorities which can reduce the household council tax bill.
  • Discretionary Housing Payment - A national benefit scheme administered by local authorities to provide additional support with housing costs for those on a low income and claiming benefits.
  • From Me to You - shop in Falkirk - Supports individuals and families who cannot afford to buy day-to-day essential goods and household products. The new store features a range of items, all of which are available free of charge to people experiencing challenging circumstances.
  • Home Energy Scotland - Home Energy Scotland helps people in Scotland create warmer homes, reduce their energy bills, and lower their carbon footprint. Funded by the Scottish Government and managed by Energy Saving Trust. You may qualify for grant payments towards your gas/electric bills
  • MyFalkirk - Services and HUB access - Save time, do it online! My Falkirk allows you to request and receive services online using your computer or smartphone, any day of the week, when it's most convenient for you.
  • Private Sector Team – Can provide information and assistance to private tenants and landlords on aspects of private letting, including property repair issues
    • Care and Repair Service - The aim of Care and Repair is to give help and support to homeowners and private tenants to adapt, maintain, repair or improve their homes.
    • Small Repair and Handy Person Service - This service can be used if you are aged 65 and over, with no able-bodied person living with you, or, if you are disabled, where there is no able-bodied person living with you and you are unable to do small jobs.

Contact us

Private Sector Team
The Forum
Callendar Business Park