Community justice is made up of the individuals, agencies and services that work together to support, manage and supervise people who have committed offences. The Falkirk Community Justice Partnership want to secure the best possible outcomes for people with convictions, victims and witnesses, families and communities.
The Community Justice Partnership aim to prevent and reduce further offending by addressing its underlying causes. We want to safely and effectively manage and support those who have committed offences to help them reintegrate into the community and realise their potential for the benefit of all citizens. We want to make sure that people with convictions, victims and witnesses, families and communities have access to the support they need to recover from the impact of crime.
To tackle the root causes of offending, our key aims are to:
- Improve community understanding and participation in community justice
- Plan, work and fund activities together to address people's needs and stop further
- Make sure that people affected by community justice have equal access to the services
- Design and deliver services that are based on evidence of what works and tailor
those services to the needs of the individual
How are we going to achieve this?
The community justice outcomes improvement plan sets out the Community Justice Partnership's pledge over the next 3 years to secure the best possible outcomes for people from the point of arrest, through prosecution, community disposal or custody and alternatives to these, until they are reintegrated back into the community. The plan describes in more detail how we are going to share information, provide advice and assistance to each other, and how we are going to co-ordinate and fund activities together.
The plan goes beyond the Community Justice Partnership to be a plan for our area that the third sector and our communities have a significant stake in and contribution to make in delivery.
For Falkirk Justice Services information and contact details, please see Criminal Justice. To submit a suggestion or request for unpaid Work assistance (as part of a Community Payback Order) for a community project, please see Community projects.
Falkirk Community Justice Outcomes Improvement Plan 2020-2023
You can contact the Community Justice Partnership via:
Community Justice Partners:
- Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service
- Falkirk Health and Social Care Partnership
- Falkirk's Third Sector Interface (CVS Falkirk)
- NHS Forth Valley
- Police Scotland
- Scottish Courts and Tribunals Service
- Scottish Fire and Rescue Service
- Scottish Prison Service
- Skills Development Scotland